Deception

A few years ago, I got chatting to this woman on the bus. She told me she was a Christian and we exchanged phone numbers. I also gave her my Facebook username for her to connect when she was ready.

For a few weeks, we chatted via text. One day, I received a text from her to let me know that she had been reading my posts on Facebook and she thought I was demonic. She told me to never contact her again. She even blocked my number.

At the time, I thought she was deluded. Surely if I was demonic, I wouldn't be following Jesus's teachings in the Bible. Oh well, her loss, not mine!

I remember texting a friend about this and he told me that maybe it's because I think so different from a lot of people. He assured me I wasn't demonic and told me not to worry about it.

Although I  tried to put that Christian woman's accusation out of my thoughts, something inside of me wondered - what if  she was right and I am the one who is deluded and being deceived?

During the C*vid lockdown,  I went for lots of long walks. During those walks, I did a lot of soul searching. Slowly, I started realising that though I was studying Jesus's teachings in the Bible, I didn't really know him. In fact, I didn't really know God at all. I realised that the only way to know Jesus and the Father God is to be born-again and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

The moment I made that commitment to accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour, it's as if the scales fell from my eyes. I was now seeing the Bible in a whole new light through the Holy Spirit. 


I could also see how I had been deceived. Just because you can quote the Bible doesn't mean you are saved. The Bible tells us Satan passes himself off as an angel of light. Satan can  quote Scriptures, which he then distorts. Satan can also perform miracles as he wants to distract people from knowing God.

After I gave my life to Christ, I noticed a few friends, especially the ones who follow the New Age, became  hostile towards me.  My born-again Christian friends were very happy for me. One told me she always knew my heart was in the right place and knew God would worked through me so I could get to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.


I'm grateful for that friend on the bus who gave me a "nudge", albeit a very harsh one. 😆


Thank you, Jesus, for opening up my eyes so I can see you and have a personal relationship with you.❤️


----

Here are a few (NIV) Bible verses reminders of the "dark side."

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God." Leviticus 19:31

"They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen." Romans 1:25

"For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." 2 Corinthians 11: 13-15

"Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her." Acts 16: 16-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit