What is My Function?

At this expo I was working at, I was helping visitors print out their badges with the scanning machine. Whenever I or anyone got close to the scanning machine, it would automatically scan the barcode on their badge and print out another badge. I found  it quite hilarious. 😄 I had to either hide my lanyard badge inside my jacket or try not to stand close to the machine.

It got me thinking about functions.

The function of the scanning machine is to scan barcodes and print out badges. In other words, the machine has been programmed to scan barcodes and print out badges. The machine doesn't care whether you did not intend for it to scan the barcode, it scans it anyway.

In the same respect, I believe the function of all born again Christians is to be ambassadors for Christ.  All Christians are programmed by the renewing of their minds to be ambassadors for Christ.  We renew our minds with the Word of God/Bible.

Within every Christian is the Holy Spirit, who is our Helper, Teacher abd Guide. He helps us perform our functions as Christians by constantly reminding us of who we are in Christ.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for helping me perform my function. Amen. ❤️

-----

Related Bible verses:

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." John 14: 16-17

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20

"Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5: 20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?