God's Unmerited Favour

So I noticed scratches on my reading glasses, which I need for work.

After work, I stopped off at my local optician to book an eye test appointment so I can get new glasses, as it's been ages since I had one. 

The receptionists were very busy and it took them ages to serve me. While I was waiting, I heard them telling a customer that they have a long eye test waiting list and the earliest date they can do is sometime in October.

When I was finally served, the receptionist told me about the long waiting list. She asked me what time would be best for me and I said after work. She said the last appointment is usually around 4.50pm. I said I'll try and make it.

She then asked me if I could do weekends and I said yes. She told me I was very lucky as they had one appointment available in two days time. Could I make it?

Yes, yes, yes!

What some call "luck" is simply God's unmerited favour at work for a believer.

Thank you, God, for your constant unmerited favours!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit