Man's Plan versus God’s Plan

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29: 11

----

A few weeks ago I asked my flatmate what her plans were for Christmas. I said it would be nice if we could spend it together.  She told me she planned  to spend a few days  with her daughter who lives out of London. Her daughter was going to pick her up on Christmas Eve.

She asked if I had any plans. I told her I planned to work up to and after Christmas. I said I could look after her cat, Zeus, while she was away.

I also planned to hang out with a friend who lives down the road from me after Christmas. 

Things didn't go according to plan.

First of all, I had a cold which meant I had to cancel all shifts I was booked on before Christmas and just rest.  During that time, I spent a lot of time meditating on and receiving revelation of God's Love. 

When I got better, I accepted two shifts and worked till Christmas Eve. I had fun working those shifts.

My flatmate's daughter and her boyfriend got sick with Covid. My flatmate decided not to go to them.  When her daughter got better, they arranged for her to drive down and spend Christmas in London instead. My flatmate asked if I could join her and her daughter for a Christmas meal.  

My flatmate said, "See, you wanted to spend Christmas together now Christmas has come to you."

We had a lovely meal together. I even received a gift from my flatmate's daughter which wasn't part of my plan.

Part of my plan still came true as I got to spend some quality time this Boxing Day morning with Zeus. 

As Robert Burns said, "The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry."  

Thank God I always have God's plan for me as my backup plan.😄

Here is a collage of photos of me and Zeus.  I love how Zeus doesn't care whether I have makeup or not, he loves me anyway. ❤️



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels