God is Wonderful

 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9: 6

----

I believe every time I wonder about something, I am invoking the Wonder of God in me.

Today I had a desire to go for a walk along the canal  leading to this park I love. I was going to get off at Camden Town, but I didn't fancy walking through the crowd. I was inspired to get off at the stop before where I could join the canal 

When I arrived at this lock, I noticed two men and a woman standing there and chatting. The woman was opening up the barrier to let a boat go by. 

As I have always wondered how people know how to operate the barriers in canal locks, this was my opportunity to find out.

"Excuse me?" I said to the man closest to me. "Do you have to go to a university or college to learn about canal locks?"

"You actually have to take a course. We are being trained now."

He told me the name of of the certificate which I can't remember now.

"Wow, I've always wondered.  How long is the training?

"Two days."

"Did you take the course because you have a canal boat?"

"No, I work at the Pirate Castle."

"I didn't know there was a pirate castle around here."

He pointed to a tree down the canal. "The castle is near that tree."

I then wished him well and went in search of the castle

The castle wasn't exactly close to the tree. So I asked the local town crier who directed me to the castle and I took these photos.

Thank you, God, for being the Wonder.

When I wondered about how canal locks work, God made a way for me to meet people being trained  in canal locks. He then showed me a castle I've never seen before, even though I've walked down that path lots of times. The castle was hidden in plain sight.

God is Wonderful. ❤️





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit