My Mummy and Daddy

Today, I had this conversation with a five year old in the class I was working in:

Girl: Have you got a mummy and a daddy?

Me: Er, no.

Girl: Are they at home?

Me: No, I don't have a mummy and a daddy.

Girl: Why, are they dead?

Me: Yes.

Girl: How do you look after yourself?

Me: I'm an adult and I can look after myself.

Girl: Are you sure? What about your younger brother, who takes care of him?

Me: He's a grown man and I'm sure he can take care of himself.

Girl: One day I'm going to grow up and become big like you.

Me: Yes, you certainly will.

That's what I love about working with young kids, you never know what they're going to come out with. 😁

I may no longer have earthly parents, I do have a Father God who takes care of me and is forever with me. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels