Fear Can't Stop Love

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4: 18

----

During my bus journey, this woman got on. I noticed she had a natural short Afro hair and her hair colour was similar to mine. I thought it suited her. She sat right in front of me and took her phone out.

After a while when she looked up, I asked her what colour her hair was. She said it was a combination of copper and another, which she had mixed herself. I told her mine was copper bought from the shops.

I told her I liked her hair colour and her short hair suited her. I asked her how long she'd had her hair short. She said 10 years and it gave her a lot of freedom.  I told her I've had mine cropped since 1992 which she found amazing. I said in those days there weren't many women with my kind of hair.

My friend said the moment she got on the bus she noticed my hair and thought it really suited me, but she didn't want to keep staring at me because "this is London." I told her there was no way I wasn't going to compliment her beautiful hair. Before I got off the bus, I said goodbye to her and she wished me a lovely day.

I think it's sad that the young woman didn't want to stare at me just in case. I get where she's coming from.

A few months back, I was working with this young woman in her mid twenties. One day she was upset because a visitor had touched her. It wasn't done in an inappropriate way, the visitor was simply tactile, but my colleague didn't appreciate it.  Later on, I asked if I could give her a hug and she was very open to it.

A while back while I was working at primary schools, I was in this year 4 class, where the kids were aged 8 to 9. One girl was very affectionate and wanted me to give her a hug. I suggested we did a fist bump instead.  A few weeks later I was back at the same school and class.  The moment the girl saw me, she screamed "Miss" and wrapped her arms around me. I had to give her a hug.

It's a shame that there's so much fear around that people are scared to connect. As someone who is very tactile, I have to be very careful. However,  I won't let fear stop me from giving out smiles and lots of compliments. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels