Salvation is in the Continuous Present

"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." Philippians 2: 12-13

----

One thing I've realised is while Jesus saved us two thousand years ago, it's not enough to just accept your salvation once. Salvation is in the continuous present.

In other words, because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, the Lord's benefits in Psalm 103: 1-5 is for yesterday, today and forever; and The Lord’s Prayer  (Matthew 6: 9-13) is for yesterday, today and forever.

Now every day, I thank God for saving me. His salvation includes his blessings,  forgiveness, grace, healing, joy, love, peace, power, protection, provision, truth and wholeness.

While I was out walking, I tripped on the pavement and almost fell flat on my face  but the Lord saved me and kept me upright.

On the bus home, there was this woman sitting behind me chatting loudly on her phone, which I found annoying.  I wouldn't have minded so much if she was speaking Italian or Japanese as I love listening to those languages. As I got more and more irritated, I was reminded it was an opportunity to forgive her and myself.

When I got off the bus and was walking home, this man who was busy chatting to his friend didn't see me coming and bumped into me. He apologised and I accepted his apology and walked on.
 
Thank you, Lord, for saving me yesterday, today and forever. ❤️

----

Related Bible verses:

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103: 1-5

"Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen "Matthew 6: 9-13

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13: 8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels