Totally Dependent on God

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46: 1

----

When a few of us noticed a work colleague was looking distressed, we asked her what was wrong. She told us she couldn't find her iPhone. She said she remembered bringing it with  her to the floor we were on. She said she must have left it somewhere. I suggested I could call her phone to see if we could hear it ring, but she didn't respond to that idea. I guess, like me, she had her phone switched off at work.

I told her I would help her look for it. When I noticed a security guard walking by, I told him my colleague had misplaced her phone. He suggested that she goes down to reception as someone might have handed it in.

I then relayed the message to my colleague, but she was too upset to take it in. She kept saying that she wouldn't be able to get home without her phone. 

I knew in that state of mind, she would not be able to find her phone. I know from experience that only when the mind is calm do you get ideas. Sometimes what appears to be lost will just pop up.

I have no idea what happened as she disappeared and I went back to work. I hope she found her phone.

Later, I wondered why my colleague had said she wouldn't be able to get home without her phone. I realised she must use her phone to pay for her travel fares.

As much as I value my smartphone, I don't want to carry out all transactions on my phone. I prefer to use my travel card and my debit card to pay for stuff.  On the odd occasion when I wasn't able to use my phone, I was able to use my laptop.

Technology was made for man's use. However, you can't be so dependent on it that you can't function without it.

God is the only one I am totally dependent on. When technology fails, God is always present. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels