Belonging

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." Isaiah 43: 1

----

I love the original "Top Gun" movie, which I've seen numerous times. However, I think the sequel, "Top Gun: Maverick" is far more superior because Maverick has matured. His peers think that at a certain age he should have been promoted to the highest rank possible, but that's not right for him. For Maverick, it's all about finding where he truly belongs, then everything falls into place.

What does "belong" mean?

There are two meanings.

The first means to own something as in this phone belongs to me.

The second means being a member of something. For instance, I belong to my family, an agency, etc.

When I became a Christian (born again believer in Christ), I experienced both meanings of belonging: I officially belonged to God the Father,  Son and the  Holy Spirit and I belonged to the Body of Christ called Christians.

I believe once you belong to God,  you are in a place where you belong. To the world's way of thinking, you might come across as unconventional.

That's why I can relate to Macerick's character. Like Maverick, at my age I'm expected to have achieved  such and such. However, I am not here to fulfil man's expectations, but to follow God's path for me, which I am walking every day.

I am exactly where I belong. Thank you, Jesus. ❤️

Image courtesy of Google Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit