I am Spirit

While I was travelling on the bus, I had two bags of shopping on the empty seat beside me. At one point when the bus suddenly lurched forward, the bags fell to the floor, almost hitting the passenger sitting in front of me.I apologised to the passenger and picked up the bags from the floor.

It got me thinking that if I had been suddenly thrown forward, I would have automatically reached out to grab hold of the rail or a passenger to prevent myself from falling. However,  because the bags of shopping have no power or intelligence they immediately fell to the floor. If I wasn't there to pick the bags up, they would have remained on the floor.

I thought about cars which need a person or an intelligence inside to drive them.  I believe our bodies are rather like cars. It is our spirits that give our bodies life.  I also believe the life we give our bodies depend on whether our spirits are born again or not.  (John 3: 3)

By born again, I mean those who have accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour.  The Holy Spirit  lives inside of every born again believer in Christ. In other words, their spirits are one with the Holy Spirit. However, if you have a born again spirit but you have not renewed your mind with God's Word, then your body will continue to be ruled by the carnal mind or wordly beliefs. 

Whether your body is ruled by your born again spirit or not, once the spirit leaves the body, it is dead.

I remember when my mum died. I knew her body was no longer the Isa I knew and loved.

I have experienced my spirit out of my body several times. While I was out of my body, I could travel at a great speed. One time I felt my spirit attached to my body by a string and I was having so much fun spinning around my bedroom and thinking "whee."  On all those occasions if I hadn't gone back inside my body, it would have been declared lifeless, while I was very much alive.

I am a walking and talking spirit.

I give thanks to the Holy Spirit for giving me life and meaning to everything I do.❤️

----

Related Bible verses

"Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed," Ecclesiastes 12: 6

"Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3: 5-6

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing." John 6: 63

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8: 2

"And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." 1 Corinthians 15: 45


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels