God is My Life

"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts." Zechariah 4: 6

----

When a work colleague in his early twenties asked me what my secret was for looking a lot younger than my age, at first I said God.

Later, I gave him another explanation.

I said when I'm travelling to work, I usually travel by public transport (bus, tube or train). This means I just relax and let the driver take me to my destination.

I said believing in God is rather like travelling on public transport. I am never using my own energy, I am always drawing on His inexhaustible energy.

While my colleague understood the analogy, I don't think he believed me.

I do everything by the Holy Spirit.♥️

------

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,

And whose hope is the Lord.

8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,

Which spreads out its roots by the river,

And will not [a]fear when heat comes;

But its leaf will be green,

And will not be anxious in the year of drought,

Nor will cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7–8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels