Feeding the Hungry

After work, I have to walk through this park to the tube station. At the park gate, I noticed a woman sitting on the ground begging passersby for money. She had a sign saying "I am very hungry. God bless you."

I'm sure Ive seen her there before, but today I felt compelled to buy her some food.  I went to a local shop, which sells topnotch sandwiches.  I then asked the Lord which one to get. I also got a fruit juice and a chocolate bar for dessert.

When I returned to the park gate, the woman wasn't there. I asked a guy with a kiosk close by if he'd seen the woman. He said she must have popped out somewhere as her stuff was still there. I asked him if I could leave the bag of food with him, but he suggested I put the food in the woman's bag, which I did.

I am actually glad the woman wasn't there as my ego might have been tempted to take credit for the idea. It's much more wonderful for her to turn up and find a bag of food next to her "I am very hungry" sign.

God bless her!

Thank you, Lord, for your constant blessings. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels