Grieving the Holy Spirit

I was chatting to a work colleague, a fellow Christian,  about the Holy Spirit.  

I said after I snapped at another colleague, I felt so bad about it. After we finished work I went up to my colleague and apologised for the way I had spoken to her. She said she was only trying to help and I acknowledged her good intention. We then exchanged hugs.

My Christian colleague said I had basically grieved the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4: 30) by the way I had spoken to my colleague and He had inspired me to apologise. I agreed with her.

My friend said she has also had a similar experience of grieving.the Holy Spirit by her behaviour and He had spoken to her about it.

Thank you,  Holy Spirit, for being my constant Guide and Helper. ❤️

-----

Related Bible verse

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."  Ephesians 4: 30-32

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels