Focusing on God in the Past

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.." Lamentations 3: 22-23, NKJV

"I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation." 1 Corinthians 6: 2, NIV

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13; 8, NKJV

----

A paradox.

We are encouraged to live in the moment and yet the Bible that Christians draw inspiration from is based on the past. We follow Jesus's teachings and accept His salvation from 2,000 years ago and we draw inspiration from men and women of God who lived thousands of years ago.

It just shows past, present and future are choices of mental focus.  In other words, I get to choose where I put my focus.

So I choose to focus on Jesus's salvation and teachings in the Bible from the past and receive them now.

I choose to celebrate all the good that God has done for me in the past and is doing for me in the present.

I choose to be open to all of God's new mercies in the ever present now.

Thank you, God, for your infinite Grace in the past, present and future. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels