Obedience

"My times are in Your hand;" Psalm 31: 15

----

After I had been meditating on  all my times in God's hand, I told Him I was planning to have lunch at this store the next day, then going to the library to study.

The next morning, while I was getting ready, the Spirit told me He had revised my plans.

First, I was going for a walk  through this park. He said after my recent bout of flu, I had been cultivating the attitude lately that I didn't have the energy to go for walks. He reminded me that I walk not by my powe or might but by His Spirit. (Zechariah 4: 6)

Next, I was going to catch the bus up the hill which will take me all the way into town.

I will then stop off at this cafe I've been to before to have breakfast. I will have an omelette with baked beans.  I shouldn't bother ordering bacon or sausage as I'm not going to like them.

"What if you blessed them? Surely, I will like them?" I said.

"No, just as you're never going to like avocado even if I bless it."

"Wow, you do know all my likes and dislikes, don't you?"

Finally after I've had breakfast, I will then go to the library.

"Do I have a choice?" I said.

"You did say your times are in My hand!"

"Touche."

So off I went fot the walk. At first, I found it difficult and I was feeling out of breath, but the Holy Spirit kept reminding me I was walking by His Spirit. The walk soon became effortless.

Halfway, I came across this cafe. Why can't I just have my breakfast here? I tried the door but it was closed. The manager opened the door and told me they were not open for another hour.

OK, God, I guess I'm going to have to have breakfast in town.

After the walk, I saw another cafe up the hill. I checked out their menu, but I didn't fancy anything. I then caught the bus into town.

I went to the cafe and ordered an omelette and baked beans, which was served with chips. I loved the omelette and baked beans but only had a few chips.  I also had some hot chocolate. 

It was time to go to the library.

When I went through the doors of the building, I was delighted to see a friend who works there as a security guard. I haven't seen her in over a month, but I recently texted her to wish her Happy Christmas. She's usually on shift for an hour at various parts of the building. She told me she had just started this shift. So we had a good natter for an hour. We then arranged to meet up later in the afternoon.

As I was going up in the lift to the library, I heard my phone ringing. It was another friend. It was great timing as I wouldn't have been able to chat if I was in the library. I found a spot outside the library where we had a chat.

When I finally went into the library, I  discovered this was the last day they were open. After that, they were going to be closed till the new year.

That's what happens when you give God your times, he arranges for you to be at the right place at the right time.   All I had to do was be obedient. 

All my times are in Your Hand, God. Feel free to revise my plans as You see fit  Amen! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit