Jesus is the Word

Last night, I watched the Christmas carol service from Westminster Abbey, which was hosted by the Princess of Wales.

It reminded me of when I first took part in my school's Christmas carol service at this church. I was 10 years old at  the time. At first, I was reluctant to take part as I thought I couldn't sing and I was too shy. Our teaxher  not only picked me as one of the choristers singing descant in the choir, she gave me the final Bible lesson to read - John 1: 1-14 (the King James Version).

I ended up memorising that entire Bible passage, which I still remember to this day. At the time, I had no idea what the words meant, but I knew they were important. Later, when I became a born again Christian, I came to realise that Jesus Christ (the Word and God) took on the form of a man so he could save all of mankind for all time. He could only do that as God coming through the virgin Mary.  A "fallen"  man with a sinful nature could not have achieved that. Those who believe in Jesus and his finished works are made sons (and daughters) of God. (John 1: 12)

What a gift my class teacher had given me to read that Bible lesson!  Interestingly enough, a few months later, I was hit by a car and briefly died. I believe it was He, the Word and the life and the light of men (John 1: 4) who gave me my life back. 

Today on Christmas Day, I and millions of born again Christians are celebrating the Word made flesh as Jesus Christ. I believe accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour is the greatest gift I have  ever received and will ever receive.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your gifts of salvation, redemption and restoration for whoever is open to receive You through faith. Amen!

Merry Christmas to all! ❤️

----


John 1:1-14

King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels