We Wrestle Not Against Flesh

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6: 12

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." Romans 12: 19

----

While I was out running my errands, I kept reminding myself of God's presence in me and working in me. At the shopping centre, the escalator wasn't working and we had to walk up. I thanked God for giving me His energy and it was effortless.

On the bus ride home, I was very grateful for the heating. At one stop, this woman came on, sat near me  and opened the window. When our eyes locked, I could see pure vitriol in her eyes. It was like looking at the devil. After a few minutes, I asked her to close the window.

"Why?"

"Because it's cold, and I've just recovered from a cold."

"No!"

In the meantime, another passenger who was chatting on her mobile, stopped her conversation and cane to my defence.

"Close the window! Can't you see it's cold? If you're hot, take off your jacket!"   

The woman said okay and closed the window.  I was really tempted to tell her off, but the Holy Spirit in me kept me silent and inspired me to bless her instead.v

After a minute or so, the passenger got off the bus.

Later, when the other woman who had come to my defence was getting off, I thanked her. She said she was happy to help. She said she believed the other passenger was mad and people like that won't listen to reason.

I give thanks for God's Grace constantly fighting my battles. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit