Christ is My Life

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." Matthew 16: 25

----

After I heard about another celebrity who had committed suicide, it got me thinking about  life.

I used to think life belonged to me and I could do whatever I want with it. I could live the way I want or get rid of it once I've had enough of living. There was a time when I was feeling really depressed and no longer wanted to live, but I couldn't  commit suicide as I didn't want to hurt my mum.  I decided to give myself a reason to live  by loving at least one person a day, which kept those suicide fantasies at bay.

After my mum passed away, the suicidal urge returned with full force. I asked a Christian friend to pray for me which stopped the urge, temporarily. I continued with my purpose of sharing love.

When I finally accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, I gave up my life and in exchange Christ became my everlasting life and eternal joy.

I no longer have any power to take my life as Christ is my life.  Thank you, Jesus. ❤️

God bless and comfort the celebrity's family and loved ones. 🙏

---

Related Bible verses

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." John 1: 4

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10: 10

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”" John 11: 25-26

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14: 6

"Because I live, you will live also." John 14: 19

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2: 20

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3: 2-3

"When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." Colossians 3: 4

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13: 8

"For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." James 4: 14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit