Word Association

Usually when someone introduces themselves, I tend to instantly forget their name, even when the name is an easy English name. The only way I remember names is when I make an association with them.

With non-English names, I have to keep asking and repeating them until they eventually stick.

Where I work, there's a room some people ask about. Because I hadn't made an association,  I had to ask my colleague to remind me. I finally made an association that the name starting with an "F" is the name of a previous President. Now that I had made that association I knew I would never forget it. The next day, I noticed a visitor wearing a t-shirt with the same name on it. 😊

Another time, I was chatting to a work colleague about Superman. Suddenly, I noticed a visitor with a  t-shirt with the Superman logo.

Very funny, God! 😆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit