Mambo

"and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen." Matthew 28: 20

-----

While I was snuggling my flatmate's cat, Zeus,  I said to him,  "The Lord is right here with us. Look, can you see Him?"

Zeus stared at the "empty space" behind me and gazed at me. I knew Zeus could actually see God's presence.

Zeus reminds me so much of a friend's cat called Mambo. She was also a black cat. Mambo had one of those plaintive miaows that tugs at your heart. My friend loved her. For personal reasons, he had to give her up, but he assured me she went to a good home.

I 've often wondered how Mambo is. The last time I saw her was over 25 years ago. She's either long passed or is extremely old, if she's still alive.

A few hours later, while I was invigilating at this art gallery, I noticed this visitor was wearing a black top. When he turned round, I noticed  the word "MAMBO" at the back of his top. I told him I had been thinking of a friend's cat called Mambo and wondering how she was.

"Mambo has decided to come into the gallery as a human," he laughed.

I believe the Lord was telling me Mambo is well in heaven.

Thank you, Lord, for always being with me. ❤️

Photos of me and Zeus



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels