Bumping into a Friend

 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37: 4-5

----

I've been thinking of a previous work colleague who I used to enjoy chatting to and even travelled on the bus with from time to time. I was sorry I didn't get her phone number when I left that job.

I needed some toiletries. I was wondering whether I should go to the shops after work or do it the next day.  I was inspired to go after work.  At the shopping centre, I went into the first shop to get my hair gel and makeup. I then headed to another shop to buy the rest of the toiletries I needed. 

While I was looking for something,  I literally bumped into this customer in front of me. She turned round and I apologised to her.  I was astonished to discover it was my friend from work. We gave each other a warm hug. I told her I had been thinking of her and was sorry I didn't have her number. She also told me she had asked another colleague for my number, but he didn't have it.

After exchanging numbers and we finished shopping, she walked me to the bus stop. We plan to go for walks together. 

Only God could have arranged that meeting.  I believe He inspired me to go to the shops after work, orchestrated our shopping times perfectly, and He finally gave me a shove so I would bump into my friend. 😊

God is wonderful! ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit