Walk, Charity Shops and God's Patience

"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5: 23-24,, NKJV

----
I believe in any moment, I am either in my flesh (which comprise of my body and soul) or in my born again spirit which is one with the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
A friend and I arranged to go for a walk. We used to work together so it was the first time we were going to be hanging out socially.
When we met up this morning, we enjoyed each other's company. After the walk, she asked if I fancied exploring the charity shops in the area. I said okay.
The first shop didn't have anything either of us were interested in. At the second shop, my friend saw a nice skirt and some jackets she liked. After trying them on, which looked great on her, she decided to buy the skirt and one jacket.
She asked me if I'd seen anything I liked. I told her I'd seen two nice rucksacks, but I didn't buy any as I didn't need one. She laughed and said she didn't need a coat or skirt but she was still giving herself a treat.
She wanted to visit another charity shop but I'd had enough and suggested we walked back as I needed to go into town.
Later on, I texted my friend to thank her for the nice walk. She said she'd enjoyed my company. She also thanked me for being so patient with her while she was trying on clothes.
I thought, patience, moi, not me!
I told her I don't like shopping and I only shop on a need to basis. So it wasn't my "patience" but God loving her through me.
In this example, I was in my spirit, that's why I was so 'patient", but my flesh.was screaming in the background. She.made it known that two charity shops were more than enough for her.
My spirit is looking forward to sharing her love of parks with my friend. 😀❤️
All reaction

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit