Church Hymns

The last time I attended my local Methodist church, I complained to the organist about an unfamiliar tune he had played for a hymn I loved. 

Today after the service finished, the organist asked me if I was happy with all the tunes. I told him I wasn't very familiar with the tune used for the last hymn.

He told me he had something to show me. I accompanied him to his organ. He pulled out this book and said that's where he got the tune I wasn't keen on two weeks ago.  He also played two hymns and asked if I recognised them. I vaguely did. He then asked me to sing the hymn in the tune I knew and I sang two lines, but couldn't remember the rest of the melody. After I looked it up on YouTube, I shared it with the organist and he recognised it.u

The organist said although he's willing to accommodate my likes and dislikes, he thinks I'm still too attached to my old school tunes. 😊

That's what I like about small churches, you can influence them to make changes more quickly.  I reckon if I continue to attend this church, by this time next year I will be their pastor. Only kidding. I meant the Leader of the Methodist Church of the UK.😆😆😆

Here's the hymn in the tune we used to sing when I was a kid.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels