Wake Up, Lazarus!

 “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” John 11: 11

"Therefore He says:

“Awake, you who sleep,

Arise from the dead,

And Christ will give you light.” Ephesians 5: 14

----

I needed a document printed that I had to complete and post ASAP.  

A friend who lives three miles away from me  lhas a printer and works from home.  I texted him and asked if he could print it for me.  He told me I could pop round this morning.

While I was at my friend's, he told me he ordered a Christmas gift for his daughter last November and they were finally delivering it today. I asked him what time they were expected and he said between 11:11 and 11.42. He even showed me their email.

I burst out laughing. 

"What's so funny about that?"

"Because they picked 11:11 as a time of delivery," I said.

"Don't you remember what that means?"

"No."

"It's a wake-up call."

"I am wide awake now," he said.

"Not physically awake, but spiritually awake."

"Oh, I see."

"Do you know the story about when Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead?"

"Yes."

"Well, the actual Bible passage is John 11: 11 where Jesus said he was going to wake up Lazarus from his sleep. Sounds to me like you're getting a wake up call."

My friend is actually an ex-boyfriend who I dated on and off for several years, but we are now very good friends. When we were going out, he was open to spiritual ideas. When our romantic relationship ended, he went back to sleep.

I look forward to seeing how his awkening journey unfolds.❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels