Our All Knowing Travel Guide

"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things." 1 John 2: 20

----

After church, I was thinking of travelling home with a friend who lives close to me, but she told me she needed to go to a particular store in Oxford Street.  I decided to accompany her. 

When we got on the bus, there was a long traffic jam. I suggested that we get off the bus, walk through China Town and get to Oxford Street from there.  When we got off  the bus, we  cut through several side streets in China Town.  The moment we hit Oxford Street, the shop my friend was looking for was right in front of us.  She was amazed at how it had worked out perfectly.

After my friend got what she wanted from the store, we headed back to China Town as my friend was hungry and fancied a Chinese meal and to give me a treat.  By then it had started drizzling. She suggested we go to a Chinese restaurant she used to go to, but when we got there it was now closed.

I suggested a restaurant a friend used to take me to, but that was over 20 years ago. I wasn't even sure if the restaurant was still there. It was, but a lot smaller than I remembered. The food was still  good though.

On the way home, I suggested that we travel by tube and then catch the bus the rest of the way, but my friend wanted to travel by bus.  We soon discovered there was a huge traffic jam and the area was overcrowded. My friend agreed to travel by tube.

On the underground, we discovered the line we wanted was closed. I suggested we use another line, change and reconect with our line.  When we got off at he station, there was an announcement that there were severe delays on the line we wanted  I suggested we could catch the overgound train which takes us right where we live, but I needed to check the train times, but I couldn't get any signal. My friend suggested we go upstairs.  We discovered there was an overground train leaving in four minutes.  My friend was amazed how everything had worked out so perfectly.  We were  both home in about fifteen minutes.

How did I know how to get to the store, which Chinese restaurant to go to and which route to travel home?

I didn't, but God in me who knows everything was guiding us every step of the way.

Thank you, God, for Your anointing and being our travel guide. ❤️

Fish tank fron the Chinese restaurant




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels