Blessed to be a Blessing

"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4: 19

----

At my last online Alpha class, we were sharing how the Holy Spirit (HS) works in us. I shared how sometimes the Holy Spirit gives me melodies with words of praise that I then sing to God.

It makes petfect sense that the HS inspires one to write somgs of praise so they can use those songs to praise God, as the HS knows exactly what turns God on or off. 😀

Before Jesus was arrested, he asked his Father to glorify him so he could glorify the Father:

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You." John 17: 1

I believe Jesus knew his flesh was resisting what he was about to be put through and he needed God's Love and Power to be able to go through the physical torture, crucifixion, death and eventual resurrection.

Of my own will, power and strength, I can do nothing.

I can only be a blessing  to my church and the community with God's blessings. I can only love others with the love that God loves me.

Thank you, HS, for constantly filling me up with Your Power and Fruit so I can be a blessing.❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit