About Memory

"Bless the Lord, O my soul,

And forget not all His benefits:

3 Who forgives all your iniquities,

Who heals all your diseases,

4 Who redeems your life from destruction,

Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,

5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,

So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." Psalm 103: 2-5

-----

A few days ago, I received a text from my friend to tell me she went to work and forgot she'd left eggs boiling on the cooker. Her neighbour upstairs started smelling smoke and called her. She called the fire brigade who quickly broke into her place and switched the cooker off. They also aired out her home.

I told my friend she was blessed her neighbour had been present. I suggested she gets into the habit of praying and asking the Holy Spirit to help her with everything including  reminding her not to leave stuff on.

Today, I was watching Joseph Prince today (a pastor in Singapore) and he asked if there were people in the congregation who were having problems with their memory. He said God gave him this passage from the Bible (Psalm 92: 12-15) for people to memorise as a reminder of how He can keep us fresh and young in our old age.  

I have forwarded it to my friend in case she finds it helpful. I am going to memorise it as well.

Thank you, God, for meeting all our needs. ❤️

------


Psalm 92: 12-15, NKJV

12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,

He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord

Shall flourish in the courts of our God.

14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;

They shall be fresh and flourishing,

15 To declare that the Lord is upright;

He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels