General Election

 "What has been will be again,

    what has been done will be done again;

    there is nothing new under the sun.

10 Is there anything of which one can say,

    “Look! This is something new”?

It was here already, long ago;

    it was here before our time." Ecclesiastes 1: 9-10, NIV

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes." Psalm 118: 9

----

Over the last few months, I've made friends with a fellow bus passenger. We enjoy our rides together to the local tube station where I usually get off.

When I saw my friend this morning, I asked if she'd heard that Labour has won the general election.

"I heard," she said. "It makes no difference to me who is in government."

"I know what you mean. For me, Jesus is King," I said. "Sometimes, people need to have certain governments to learn lessons from them and then switch governments.

"The Tories were in power for a long time before Blair won it for Labour and then the Tories took over," she said.

"There's nothing new under the sun."

I did find out that my friend is also a Christian so she understood my "Jesus is King" statement. 

For those who are celebrating the fact that Labour has won the general election by a landslide, they will only be in power for a short while.

For those who are lamenting over the fact that the Tories are no longer in government,  don't worry about it. They will be back.

What goes around comes around. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels