Dying in Your Sleep

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10: 10

----

Whenever I hear that someone passed away in their sleep, I see it as a spiritual attack.*

I have been attacked three times in my "sleep" and had to fight to stay alive.

The first time, I felt a hand trying to strangle me. I fought valiantly, but the hand was too strong. In desperation, I thought of a line from Psalm 23: 4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." The hand immediately left me and I could breathe again.

The second time it happened, I felt the hand pushing the blanket over my face and I couldn't breathe. Again, I thought of the line from Psalm 23, but it didn't.  I thought of several Bible verses I had memorised, but the hand only got stronger. I then thought, "Help me, God."  The hand instantly left me.

The third and last time, I felt a hand pulling the covers away from my face.  The entity revealed himself as this ugly, growling, creature; and it was hovering over me.  First, I thought I was  going to be still and let God fight for me. I then had the thought to laugh at the creature, which I did, and it faded away.

I believe if the hand and that creature had won, my loved ones would have concluded that I had died in my sleep. I also believe an autopsy investigation would have concluded bodily death by natural cause, though my spirit never dies.  

I believe the devil is the cause of all death whether it's through sickness, accident, homicide, suicide or in your sleep. 

I give thanks to Jesus Christ, who is my everlasting life and who protects me from all spiritual attacks.*

God bless us all. ❤️

* "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6: 12

Photo courtesy of Google Images



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels