The Helper Gives His Assent

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.."  John 14: 16-17

----

Before I went to church, I watched a pastor on a Christian TV channel  preaching about doing everything for the Lord. He cited a passage* from the Bible. I felt as if he was speaking directly to me. I looked up the Bible passage and copied and pasted it on my notebook app.

Before I left home, I checked that I had all the essentials in my rucksack like my keys, travel card and purse. I was going to leave my reading glasses at home as they usually project the words on this screen which I can clearly see, but I decided to take my glasses with me. 

During my bus journey to church, I meditated on doing everything for the Lord. This means when I go to work, I am not working for an employer, I am working only for God.

As soon as I arrived at church, one of the elders handed me a  Worship Book and told me we were going to be using it for the Communion Service. I told her I was going to leave my reading glasses at home. She said the Holy Spirit must have given me a nudge to bring it. I did end up using them to read prayers in the book.

During the service, the Minister preached about doing everything for the Lord.  Talk about deja vu! 😄

When I woke up this morning, I meditated again about doing everything for the Lord. I asked God to help me do everything for Him. Immediately, I heard the word "Assent" in my thoughts. I knew it was the Holy Spirit, the Helper, who was giving me His assent.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for being my constant Helper. ❤️

----

* "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3: 23-24

Photo of the Worship Book and my reading glasses




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels