Small Talk

I love having small talk with  people I meet along the way. Sometimes, these small talks end up becoming so meaningful I record them for posterity. Here are a couple of examples.

Last week, on the bus home, this woman sat beside me. I told her I loved her hat and she said she loved mine. I asked her if she was well and she said she was feeling a lot better. She said she recently spent two weeks in hospital for a serious lung condition. She said she was in such a bad state, she called the ambulance.  She was told they would be with her in 40 minutes. As she didn't think she would last that long, she went out of her house and tried to stop cars driving by. One man who stopped agreed to drive her to the hospital, where she happens to work.  She was treated really well and she had visits from her colleagues.

I told her I was very happy she was better and I said I would pray for her. She was open to that idea as she's Catholic. She also told me her daughter is in hospital suffering from mental health issues and feeling suicidal. I told my friend I used to feel suicidal and God has delivered me from those thoughts. I told her I would pray for her daughter. Before my friend got off, we exchanged hugs.

Yesterday, when I got out of the tube exit, I noticed this man and his dog. It was one of those tiny breeds.  The dog had a cute outfit on, which I admired. The man, who had a cute French accent, told me the dog was his daughter. He said she likes dressing up and is very fashionable. While I was stroking her, his dad said he could tell she likes me. He said she's very fussy and only likes a few people. I felt honoured to be accepted by his princess. I then said goodbye and wished both a good day.

It only takes a few minutes to connect with people. I only travelled with the woman on the bus for about 15 minutes, but it felt like I've known her for a lifetime.  And I only chatted with the man and his "daughter" for less than 5 minutes and I enjoyed every single moment with them.

It's good to talk for however long you can. 

I believe it is God who inspires me to make small talk that leads to meaningful encounters. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit