A New Birthday in Christ

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling excited as I usually do on my birthday. I was even feeling depressed

When I asked the Lord why I wasn't feeling it, He reminded me of the Bible verse I was meditating on yesterday about my true identity in Christ.

----

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2: 20

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2: 20, NLT

----

Of course, now it makes sense. My old self celebrated birthdays as she had her own life separate from God. That old self is dead.

Dead people don't celebrate birthdays!

I have been born again in Christ and He is my life.

The depression immediately lifted. 

I then opened the presents my flatmate had given me before she went away. I was touched by her sweet words in my birthday card and I loved her presents.

I am also grateful to my nephew for his gift.

I will be hanging out with a dear friend today to celebrate my new birthday in Christ.  We are attending an exhibition at the V&A. (See link below)

Happy Birthday in Christ to me. ❤️

My friend and I really enjoyed the exhibition.

After the exhibition, my friend and I went out for a meal. I told them it was my birthday and they gave me a free dessert. ❤️

https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/about-the-naomi-in-fashion-exhibition😄

Some photos below.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels