I Choose to Focus on Jesus

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12: 2

----

I am constantly being bombarded with world views that are completely opposed to your Christian world view. The Bible tells us this world view or carnal mind is hostile towards God. (Romans 8: 6-7) 

How does one deal with this hostility?

While I was at my friend's place, I suddenly felt intense pain in my calf.

When she noticed me wincing, she said, "What's wrong?"

"Cramp," I said.

"It must be very painful," she said.

My friend is a nurse and doesn’t share my Christian belief. So I know exactly where she is coming from. I didn't agree or disagree with her. Instead, while I was massaging my calf, I was thinking of Jesus.

We continued our conversation. Within a few minutes, the pain had dissolved.

I told my friend my calf was now fine as Jesus had healed it.

Although she didn't say anything I'm sure my experience had given her food for thought.

The way I deal with the carnal mind is I ignore it and focus on Jesus.

Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus.(Romans 8: 38-39

----

Related Bible verses;

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be." Romans 8: 6-7

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8: 38-39

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth," Philippians 2:5-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels