About Angels

Do I believe in angels?

I have always believed in angels. Years ago when a van came from nowhere and almost ran me over, someone pulled me out of the way. I turned round to thank the person, but there was no one there, at least they were not visible to my senses. I believe I was saved by an angel.

When I followed the New Age, the belief was you could call on angels to do your bidding. Some people even worshipped angels.

As a Christian, I now follow the teachings in the Bible.

Angels appear frequently in the Bible.

In the Bible:

- Angels are God's messengers. For instance  the angel Gabriel was sent by God to tell the virgin Mary that she had been chosen to be the mother of Jesus. (Luke 1: 19)

- Angels are sent by God to protect His people or fight various battles.(Psalm 91: 11-12; Revelation 12: 7)

- Angels are not there to be at people's beck and call. Instead, they act on God's word.(Psalm 103: 20-21)

- Angels are not to be worshipped.

If I have a need, I can't just command an angel to provide for me or meet that need. I can decree what God's word says about provision. Since angels are listening out for God's word, they will then act on God's word. (Psalm 103: 20-21)

If angels are not there to do our bidding, how come followers of the New Age believe the angels they are calling on are helping them?

The "angels" they are calling on are not real angels, but demons passing themselves off as angels and deceiving people. (1 Corinthians 11: 14)

Doreen Virtue used to be the expert on angels. With their help, she used to give accurate psychic readings. She has since repented and given up that lifestyle. She is now a born again Christian and disciple of Christ.

Do I believe in angels?

Yes, I believe in the angels in the Bible. ❤️

----

Related Bible verses:

"The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them." Psalm 34: 7

"For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone." Psalm 91: 11-12

"Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word." Psalm 103: 20-21

"For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light." 1 Corinthians 11: 14

"Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has [a]not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God." Colossians 2: 18-19

"And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought," Revelation 12: 7

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19: 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?