Blessing My Neighbour

"You are the light of the world."  Matthew 5: 14

----

As Chrristians, we are the light of the world and we are to let the light  of Christ shine wherever we are. One way I shine my  light is to bless my neighbours.

When I first moved into my current flat, my flatmate warned me that the lady next to my bedroom usually has her television on really loud as she's almost deaf and needs a hearing aid. I haven't seen her as she no longer goes out. My flatmate tells me she's now 100 years old, but refuses to be moved into a care home. She now has a carer who comes in a few days a week to help her.

Early this morning I heard my neighbour's phone ringing, but there was no response. I've heard that happen lots of times before, but this time I was quite alarmed. I spoke to my flatmate about it and she assured me the lady probably didn't have her hearing aid on and couldn't hear the phone.

Later as my flatmate was leaving for work, I looked outside my bedroom window and I noticed an ambulance outside. They had obviously been called to our neighbour's. At one point,  when I noticed one of the ambulance staff outside, I asked her if the lady was okay and she said she was. They were with her for over an hour, but they didn't take her to the hospital, thank God.

Another thing my flatmate brought to my attention was the gas engineers were working in the same lady's flat yesterday and they discovered a gas leak.  Thank God that was spotted and they're resolving the issue.

Thank you, God, for blessing my flatmate, my neighbours and my neighbourhood. ❤️

----

"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5: 14-16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels