Chivalry is Kindness

While the bus was approaching from a distance, an elderly man asked this woman to go ahead in front of him, but she declined. He asked me to go ahead in front of him and I told him he could go ahead as he was carrying shopping bags.

"You ladies are strange," he said. "You don't seem to like gentlemanly behaviour."

"Oh, yes, I do!" I said. "I'm from the older generation who appreciates when a man gives up a seat for her."

"That's good to hear," he said.

He told me he was 86 years old and he looked in very good form.

When the bus arrived, the gentleman insisted that I go ahead of him. I was happy to oblige.

In my reality, chivalry is very much alive.  Another word for chivalry is kindness. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit