Loving or Being Right?

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4: 31-32

-----

A work colleague and I had   a disagreement about when I took my break. I pointed out to her that I hadn't left ealrly, but she was having none of it.

While she was away on her tea break, I found myself rehearsing in my head a conversation I intended to have with her defending my point of view showing how I was right and she was wrong.

I then had the thought to let the matter go

When my colleague returned, I no longer had the desire to bicker with her. Instead, in between assisting visitors, we talked about our relationships with our mum's. She was in tears when I shared my experience with my mum and I gave her a hug. After work, we walked together to the local shops. Before we parted company, we exchanged warm hugs.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for reminding me that loving is more important than being right. 😄❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels