Spirit versus Flesh

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." Galatians 5: 17-18

-----

The Spirit is always present, but the flesh is constantly fiighting against the Spirit. Here's one example.

While I was working outside welcoming guests into the museum, I started feeling like I was getting blurry vision, symptoms of a migraine, which I haven't had in years. I called my manager to let her know that I needed to take time out. She told me she was also experiencing a mgraine and  I could go home if I wasn't feeling well. I told her I just needed to sort my head out.

I went to the staff room. As I was the only one there, I switched the light off, sat in a corner and started silently calling on the name of Jesus, whose name is above all names. This means every knee, including blurred vision, has to bow to His name. (Philippians 2: 9-11). After a few minutes, my eyesight was back to normal.

After resting for another half an hour, I resumed work with my colleagues. My manager came to check up on me. I told her my eyesight was back to normal. She said  I could always take the next day off if I needed to. I told her I  would be fine.

After a few minutes, the sunlight was back in full force. Even though I was wearing a hat, shades and had an umbrella open to protect myself,  my head was pounding. After about an hour, I called the duty manager to let him know I was going home.

On the tube home I was praying to have the energy to get me home. When I got on the bus, I could feel like I was getting stomach upset. I kept reminding myself that it was the Spirit giving my body life, not the flesh. (John 6: 63) By His stripes I an already healed. (Isaiah 53: 5)

As soon as I got home, I quickly said hello to my flatmate, took my shoes off, collapsed on my bed with my work clothes on and fell asleep. When I woke up three hours later, the headache was gone. That's when I changed and took my makeup off.

The next day when I had a  chat with my flatmate, she told me she and a few of her work colleagues had also had headaches. She believed it was because of the heat.

Although I was now feeling better, I decided to take the next two days off from work and enjoy the weekend.

While the flesh wars against the Spirit, the Spirit is always victorious. 

Thank you, Jesus. ❤️

-----

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.." Isaiah 53: 5

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." John 6: 63

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2: 9-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels