Movie Night

"Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." Psalm 5: 12, NIV

----

I believe every day is an opportunity to experience, express and share the love, goodness and unmerited favour of God. It doesn't matter whether I am at work, home, church, travelling on the bus, wherever, God is always the same. 

I was booked to work at this performing arts centre. I love working there as I get to meet all sorts of creatives - actors, artists, writers, musicians, etc.

As the centre has many departments, you never know where they will allocate you, so you have to be flexible which makes hosting fun. The last time I worked there, I was asked to host a wedding party at the conservatory.

Before our shift started, we had a briefing meeting about all the shows going on and what was expected of us. After the meeting, permanent staff were allocated shifts. Us agency staff were asked to stay behind.

Another manager came and asked if any of us had worked in the cloakroom before. Although I have, I didn't say anything as I'm not too keen on doing cloakrooms.  A colleague I had spoken to earlier, who said she loves working in cloakrooms, put her hand up. The manager asked her to go with her. It was then I tentatively said I have worked at the cloakroom before, but the manager no longer needed me. Thank God!

Another manager came and asked another agency staff to go to cinema 1. She asked me if I knew where cinemas 2 and 3 were as they needed a host. I said no. She told me they were outside of the building.

On the way there, this man approached me and asked if I knew where cinema 2 was. I told him I was on my way there, but not quite sure how to get there. I only knew the long way out of the building. The man seemed to know the building quite well and led me out through a shortcut.

He told me he was on his way to watch a Swedish film that he saw years ago. He said he was really happy when he discovered they were showing it as part of the jazz festival.

When we got out of the building, I followed the direction I had been given and we found the cinema.  I thanked the guy for helping me out of the building and he thanked me for showing him where the cinema was.

The cinema manager asked if I could go to cinema 3. She said it was empty, but she still needed a host in there.  She said after the film finished, I would be required to cover staff breaks.

A few minutes later, the manager changed her mind and asked me to host cinema 2 instead, where the Swedish film was being shown. She asked me to stay there till the end. Although it's not the kind of film I would usually watch, I was really glad I did as it was a very funny and interesting film about jazz. It  was called "Sven Klang's Combo." (See link below)

After the film finished,  I helped my colleague to check tickets for the next films. When the films started, my colleagues went to host inside. I sat outside and relaxed. It was then I noticed my hair colour matched the walls. It was meant to be.😊

Thank you, God, for another lovely shift where I got to work with interesting people. ❤️

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven_Klang%27s_Combo

 My hair colour matches the wall 😊




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels