International Women's Day

While I was working at this art gallery, I noticed this guy greeting two women outside and giving both of them bouquets of flowers. I  thought to myself, I bet it's because it's International Women's Day (IWD). I wonder if he's from Russia where IWD is a public holiday?

When they finally entered the gallery, I  was in the lobby. I  welcomed them and directed them to the different facilities.

I asked the man if he was Russian.  He said he was Bulgarian and they give out flowers to women on IWD.

He then handed me a rose and said, "I want you to have this. Happy Women's Day."

"Aww, thank you!" I was really chuffed. 

It's the first time anyone has given me a flower on IWD  It's not the kind of thing British men do.

I will keep it as a souvenir.  ❤️

Photo of the rose





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels