Some thoughts about the Daffodil Day Service

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23: 7

----

The night before our church's Daffodil Day Service, where I was volunteering as a steward, I called a friend, who was also going to be a steward.

In jest, I told her that as neither of us have done stewarding at a church event before, we might be asked to work at the balcony. My friend said she wouldn't mind.

On the day of the service, both of us were allocated positions at different doors. I was with another colleague and she told me our door would be pretty quiet. We weren't even required to do offertory.

While I was watching people arrive and take their seats,  I wondered whether some friends I had invited from another church were coming to the event.

Suddenly, I saw a church elder speaking to my friend at the other door. He then came over and asked if he could move me to another position at the balcony.  I said I didn't mind. (I realised he had asked my friend, but she had declined). I was asked to follow another colleague upstairs.

On the way, I literally bumped into the friends I was wondering about. After I welcomed them and directed them to some seats, I told them I was off to the balcony. I also ended up doing offertory, which was interesting.

As I had to work later, I needed to leave as soon as the service finished. This means, I won't be able to see my friends from the other church. I thought I would text them and thank them for coming.

After the service, I came downstairs to have a quick chat to someone. I then saw my church friends and thanked them for coming. They told me they had enjoyed the service.

On my way out, I heard someone calling my name. It was my other friend. I was glad I was able to see her and give her a hug.

It's amazing how everything I thought of happened!

Thank you, God, for giving me the opportunity to be a steward at that wonderful event. ❤️


Photo of the service. As you can see from the arrow, I'm standing right in front. 😊


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit