Mothering Sunday

At the church I attended today, we were all given flowers to celebrate Mothering Sunday or Mother's Day. (See photo). The Deacon also offered prayers for those whose mothers are no longer with us.

At the end of the service, I spoke to the visiting Deacon. It turns out we attended the same Methodist secondary school in Sierra Leone, though I didn't know her then as  she's three years younger than I.  When she mentioned a classmate she's still friends with, I told her I was in the same class as her friend's sister.  How amazing is that?

Have a blessed Mothering Sunday!❤️

PS: Mothering Sunday always falls on the 4th Sunday in Lent, that's why it fluctuates so much.  This dates back to the middle ages. To know more about the Christian tradition of Mothering Sunday see  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothering_Sunday

9l

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels