Attention Span

On the bus, I was sitting behind this woman and either her grandson or great grandson.  

The boy, who looked between five and seven years old, kept asking his nan these deep questions, but the moment she started answering, he would lose interest.

Boy: What were you doing 20 years ago?

Nan: I was 65 then and I would have been still working.

Boy: How long did the Second World War last?

Nan: Five or six years, I think.

Boy: Five or six years! Is that long?

Nan: Yes, and nothing was ever the same after that.

Boy:  Did you have phones then?

Nan: Rich people had phones at home, but poorer people had to use the phone box. You had to put 3 pennies in and then dial the number.

Boy: Three pennies?

Nan: They were old coins, not the ones we have now...

By then the boy had moved on to another topic.

I wonder if my attention span was that short when I was a kid? 😀😀😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit