The Gatekeeper

While I was working at this event, I was directing the queue for visitors who wanted to purchase tickets to the show. To speed things up, my colleagues and I got visitors to fill in a form, which they handed to the person at the ticket desk.

At one point, this man bypassed me and headed straight to the desk. I told him he needed to fill in a form first before buying the ticket.

"I am the gatekeeper and you need to go through me before you can get a ticket." I grinned at the man.

A few days later, I was booked to work as a steward at this festival hall.  It was my first time working at that venue. Three of us were working at the level where the box seats were. Each of us had keys to open each door.  The way the system works is when the concert starts, latecomers are not allowed in until the end of each performance.  Only then can us stewards use our keys to open the doors for them.

I told my colleague about the last event I had worked at and how I had thought of myself as the gatekeeper.  Here I am as a real gatekeeper with my very own key. She found it rather amusing.

I believe Jesus is the ultimate Gatekeeper.  He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14: 6).

Thank you, Jesus, for being THE Gatekeeper to our Father God. ❤️

Photo of one of the door of the box seats.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels