Cat-sitting

For the last two days, I've been looking after my flatmate's cat, Zeus, while she's been away.

Usually, when Zeus goes out, she has to tempt him back home with treats.

Not on my watch!

I asked God to bring Zeus back home so I don't have to go looking for him.

On the first day when I came home in the evening, I checked to see if he'd come through the open window, but he was still out. I then closed the window. Zeus must have heard me as he jumped on the window ledge. I opened the window and let him in.

Last night, when I arrived home just after 11pm, Zeus was lying on his back outside my bedroom door waiting for me to give his tummy a rub. After making a fuss over him, I gave him his treat.

Usually, Zeus starts knocking on my flatmate's door from around 3am to let him out, but she let's him out after 4am.

He must have sensed his shenanigans were not going to work on me as I wear earplugs in bed anyway. On both mornings, when I woke up around 4.30am to have a pee, he was lying on his back outside my bedroom door. After giving him a belly rub, I let him out.

During our snuggle time, I gave Zeus lots of kisses and told him God loves him and I love him.  

Yes, cats like acting like gods, but when you call on God, the Creator of all including cats, they have to submit their godlike ways to Him.

My flatmate is back today. No doubt, Zeus is going to revert to his old ways and act like the god he thinks he is and treated like one. 😀

Thank you, God, for taking good care of Zeus.  ❤️



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit