Universal Translator

While I was working at this event, I asked this man if I could help him. He took out this device and spoke Mandarin into it. (I knew it was Mandarin because he said "Nǐ hǎo" which I know is "hello" in Mandarin). 

He them got me to listen to it. I heard a woman's voice speaking French. I shook my head and said, "English please!"

He tried again and the woman's voice said, "Hello, where can I buy a ticket?"

I pointed to the ticket desk.

I know you can translate English into many languages on Google. In fact, I have been using it on my phone to communicate with visitors who speak Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. I wasn't aware there was now a Universal Translator device. It's quite pricey at the moment though.

It's wonderful to see Star Trek technology have come true.😊👏❤️🖖



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels