Connecting with Strangers

At the art gallery I've been working at, we give cards out to visitors as they are leaving so they can leave their review of the gallery. 

Before I give a card out, I engage with the visitors and ask if they had fun. 

I noticed when a male colleague was giving out cards, he simply gave them out.

Later I asked two male colleagues why they don't say much.  When a visitor comes in, they simply point  the way. 

Both of then laughed and said they have observed I get into a conversation with visitors and almost accompany them to the gallery.

"Men don't have conversations, women do that," one said.

"I like chatting to people and  giving them love," I said.

"I only give energy to those who are going to give me energy back," the other guy said.

I tried to imitate the guys, but I couldn't do it. I guess it's my nature to reach out to "strangers." 

Thank you, God, for giving me the gift of connecting with "strangers." ♥️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit