Pruning

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He [a]takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." John 15: 1-2

----

A few days ago,  some friends admired my long finger nails. One friend was convinced I had had the white tips of my nails painted. I told her my nails were natural. 

I am constantly asked if I've had my nails done. I find it interesting how some people are so used to fake stuff, they have difficulty distinguishing the real from the fake.

Yesterday evening, I decided to clip my toe nails. I then decided it was time to cut my finger nails so they can grow evenly.

As much as I loved my nails, I had no attachment to them as I know they will grow back. 

Early this morning, while I was watching this Christian channel, I noticed two pastors were preaching about how as part of our spiritual growth, God requires that we go through a pruning process. I could relate to that as I have experienced pruning.

I look forward to my new, long and beautiful nails when they grow back. ❤️

Photo of my nails after I cut them



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross is My Landmark

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

Shopping with the Holy Spirit