Doubting Thomas

He may have been doubting Thomas, but it was because of his question that Jesus revealed himself as the way, truth and life.

----

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.  (John 14: 3-6)

----

After Jesus was resurrected, he appeared to his disciples, but doubting Thomas wasn't present at the time. When the disciples told him about Jesus, he didn't believe and wanted to see Jesus's scars. The next time Jesus appeared to his disciples, doubting Thomas was present.  When Jesus showed his scars to doubting Thomas, he said, "My Lord and my God." (John 20: 24-29)

I find it interesting while Jesus was in Nazareth, the people's unbelief hindered him from doing mighty works.

I believe that didn't happen with Thomas because he had a close relationship with Jesus.

For me, Thomas demonstrates  when we have a close relationship with God through Jesus, our doubts will not hinder Him from working through us.

Thank you, doubting Thomas, for allowing Jesus to reveal His divine nature and identity through your doubts.  😀❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If at First You Don't Succeed

If God is Sovereign, Why is there Evil?

About Angels